Monday, March 26, 2012

Prompt for Wed.

So first off, I think the vending machines on campus are super funny. There are WAY too many choices. All you would need to add is a toilet paper vending machine and you'd be able to live at BYU for a whole semester, while shopping only at vending machines. I also love that there are microwaves at all the vending machines, because it opens up awesome possibilities for lunch. Leftovers? Yep! Oatmeal? Easy! Corn dogs? Oh yeah!

Now that I'm finished with lunch (chicken and rice - delicious!), on to the actual post.

The biggest thing for me in my paper is poor organization. I didn't give my research the attention it deserved before I started writing, so when it came to the actual writing I was working way harder than I would have had to if I had done my research right the first time. I would have gotten more sleep too. I also wrote originally just trying to get all my thoughts on paper and back them up with good sources and that is pretty much how it came out. So to fix it, I am going to revise my introduction and thesis statement to pull everything together. The research ended up coming out alright but just took hours and hours longer than it should have. Everyone's time management suggestions on my last post were awesome and much appreciated! I am excited to try them. Next time. Because procrastination is one of my strongest natural talents : P

And now, websites. First, here are four that are pretty effective at doing what they aim to do.


Here are four that are ineffective, for various reasons.

2 comments:

  1. When I was reading this, I was confused as to what microwaves and vending machines had to do with anything. And then I finally wasn't confused. but, I still laughed.
    And then, I laughed again when I saw that you put your facebook profile as your top good site. I can't believe I didn't think to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to work on organization to but the outline really helped!

    ReplyDelete