Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All About Me

Hi everyone! My name is Alex Rasmussen. I am from right here in Utah. I was born up in Salt Lake and lived in Murray (a suburb of Salt Lake) until I was 11, and then I moved to Lehi with my family. I have two brothers and a sister and they are all younger. We are close and love spending time as a family. I served a mission in San Jose, California and I loved it. I don't know where or who I would be without the experiences and friends that I had on my mission.

There is not much in this world that I love more than sports. Soccer is the only one I've played competitively, but I have never played a sport I didn't like. My favorite class this semester is ice hockey. Did you know we could take an ice hockey class here at BYU? It is so much fun and a good break from my more difficult classes. Along with team sports, I love to snowboard in the winter. I think that sports have a lot of value in society, not for their own sake, but because we can learn so many important life skills from them. Self-control, communication and cooperation, and mental focus are just a few.

I like to have fun. I can't stand being bored or doing something boring. Luckily, I believe that just about anything can be made fun with a friend and the right attitude. I love doing anything with friends. One of the worst things I could imagine would be spending any extended period of time completely alone. Hopefully that never happens.

Well, that about sums it up. Good to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment